Friday, May 3, 2013

A Day In The Life

Many times the comment has been made to me of “I don’t know how you do it.” That “it” is keeping up with my crazy life and schedule. Today I thought I would walk you through one of my busier days so you can experience that with me.
Thursday, May 2nd.
· 5:30am – alarm goes off…shower and get ready for work
· 6:30am – pack breakfast and lunch food and make coffee
· 6:45am – leave for work
· 7:30am-4:30pm – work
· 4:50pm-6:05pm – at gym for an intense chest/bicep/back workout
· 6:15pm – stop at home to make a protein shake to go
· 6:20pm – meet my husband at soccer practice for our 7 year old (although I do not have to be there for these, I feel it is my job as a parent to attend….plus, I really enjoy watching these little guys practice)
· 7:10pm – help 10 year old finish her project for music class (thankfully this was my husband’s day off so all other homework was already completed before I got home)
· 7:50pm – take something to a neighbor (of course, we ended up chatting)
· 8:20pm – put kids to bed
· 8:30pm – clean up kitchen while husband gets kids book bags ready for next day
· 8:45pm – eat dinner
· 9:00pm – sit down in my comfy recliner, read through Facebook posts, watch a little TV, chat with hubby
· 10:30pm – bedtime
· My meals today consisted of breakfast (oatmeal and a Special K bar), lunch (chicken, spinach, artichoke and pine nuts with whole wheat pasta, green beans and an apple with peanut butter), pre workout snack (banana), post workout (protein shake with ice, milk, protein powder, banana and peanut butter), dinner (steak and broccoli).

This is a very typical day for me with changes in the evenings based on what the kids have going on, if it is my husband’s night to work until 6pm, if I am fitting a run in before bed, but basically the picture is the same…..busy, busy, busy.

You may be wondering why I am sharing all of this with you. If one of my readers gets something out of this then I have done what I set out to do. You can always accomplish whatever you put your mind to. There is always time in the day…you just have to commit to make that time. Whether that time be for taking care of your kids, going to the gym or just taking some alone time for yourself (which we all need, by the way). Life gets in the way all the time. You need to take control of that on your own accord. Hey, no one else is going to do it for you, right?

May you have a wonderful weekend!

HopePeaceFit!


No comments:

Post a Comment