Monday, May 20, 2013

This week’s blog is all about taking care of your own self. There are so many times we get caught up in day to day life that we don’t take time out for ourselves. At church we have been learning about the trials we face, temptation, being accountable, not worrying about what others think about you, how to persevere from evil, how to be quick to listen, but slow to anger (trust me that’s not always easy) and to really know that God is there for you through everything. He accepts us with all of our faults, He does not take responsibility for them, but will be there for you in your time of need.

I think about all of these things and how my life relates. I think about the many times that I am not accountable for my own actions….probably mostly when I get upset with my kids. I really try to be a good Mom, but sometimes anger gets in the way of just letting kids be who they want to be. I need to let them yell in the house and be glad that I have 4 kids that are running around our home able to do that. I need to not get so stressed when their rooms aren’t cleaned to my satisfaction because they wanted to play outside. I need to be grateful that I have kids that enjoy nature and the love of outdoors. I need to listen more instead of saying just a second for the 3rd time. My kids are my life and they know how much I love them, but I want them to know as they grow older that I was always there.

Part of being there involves doing for me. For me, that involves my alone time at the gym or on the road running. I do both of these things for me and no one else. Sure, I do it because I want to be healthy and know that doing so will enable me to be there for my family when I am older, but I have to want to do it for myself foremost. I watched my boys play soccer this weekend and I was reminded of their love for the game, love for the outdoors, love to run, but mostly for the love of life. Kids know how to do for themselves and I am relearning that as well. While they will always be the most important part of my life I know that I must not lose sight of myself in that process. I must not lose sight of the individual relationship I have with my husband in that process either. I must not lose sight of the time I get to spend with the rest of my family….my parents, my sisters, my brothers, my nieces and nephews and my friends who are like family to us for they are all part of my being and part of who I am.

So, for this week I want you to all think about yourself and what in your life could be different. If you say nothing, then you are fooling yourself as we all have something that can change or make better. Think of that something and make the change or at least the effort to change.

Tonight I turned on the sprinklers and really enjoyed watching my kids run through them.  My phone was inside on the counter so as not to interrupt us, I sat and talked with my 10 year old on the front step about growing up and just enjoyed the evening with them.....it is an amazing feeling being their Mom.

Have a great week everyone!

HopePeaceFit!

No comments:

Post a Comment